Monday 20 August 2012

Say ‘No’ the easy way-Edited and corrected


You  are  all set for that date. Cannot wait for the evening? But suddenly you develop cold feet or your ex-boy friend comes back.
Then.. the question is what should you do? Keep the person waiting endlessly. YS comes to your rescue to save the day and your face.

“I am not well”.
   You may have eaten out and hence the upset stomach and giddiness. Or  maybe you have  a bout of flu and definitely you would  not want to pass it onto your date. How considerate! It may be a lie but who knows you might end up with flowers and a little gift.

  “My boss is inhuman, s/he has piled  me  with more work”.
    Now that is something  we all  will agree to. No, matter  how sweet our boss is, we find it  easy to find fault with her/him. So what if the work is imaginary, go-getter that you are, you have to finish the work. It means your career!

*   “There is a family emergency”.
   That could mean anything from baby sitting for your sister’s child because shl3 too had an emergency to care for your mom/dad due to low BP. S/he will be sure to understand your plight. But remember to give an excuse that looks genuine enough.

*  “My sister/brother/relatives decided to give one of their surprise visits and are coming tonight.”
    Mentioning this will get you  off the hook and you will be saved.

*   “My friend broke up with her/his partner and  is down in the dumps. S/he needs me, I hope you will understand.”
     This will definitely work, for you will be taken as a caring and sensitive person. But do remember the details on your next date. You do not want to be caught on the wrong note.

*   “I need some time… to plan something special for both of us.”
    Just thinking about the special outing will keep  your partner on a high. Never mind, if that day never comes, at least you have got out of this date.

*   “My best friend is shifting his/her house, I have to help him/her”.
     This excuse rarely fails. Your partner too will be on a lookout when s/he shifts. You will be there for help.

* “I completely forgot, I am a volunteer at such and such organisation that day”.
     Better still if it is an elderly or children’s organisation no boy or girl would say no to that!

*   “I suddenly realised that I am not well prepared for the exam next week. I have to improve.”
      Relax! Your partner will not say ‘no’. After all, no boy wants to be with a bimbette or a girl with no brains.

* “My car/scooter is giving me trouble. Need to go to the mechanic immediately.”
      If nothing works, this surely will. But what if s/he offers to pick you up. You can always say you do not want to cause inconvenience to her/him or you do not trust the mechanic so you have to be at his workshop throughout.

*    “My cat/dog is sick. I cannot leave it alone”
      Take a chance but only if your partner is an animal lover and you have a pet.

No comments:

Post a Comment